GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION
How We Select Cast Members
1. First, we invite previous cast members to audition.
2. Next, we invite potential cast members to audition through an Audition Workshop (Contact us through the website for more info).
3. An invitation to the Workshop does not guarantee a role in the production. The number of openings are limited.
4. First priority is given to those whose parents volunteer (especially for costuming!).
More Casting Info
• The auditioner must be able to sing in tune. We do not require a fabulous voice, but singing is an important part of our productions and the actor must be able to match pitch. If you’re not sure if your child can do this, please call us and we can do a quick phone screening to avoid the pain of being rejected at auditions.
• Those who are new to our cast are not likely to be cast in lead roles during their first year. They must first prove that they are dependable and pleasant to work with.
• We have a soft spot in our hearts for inexperienced actors. We do not require that a person be “experienced” but, rather, prefer that they be eager to learn. Our favorite success stories are those who were afraid to audition the first time, but became valuable members of the cast over the years.
Inspiring Creativity and Confidence